Events Volunteer (British Transplant Games)
Join us and volunteer at this year's British Transplant Games, being hosted by Leeds in 2022! We are looking to recruit 50 volunteers to support the Donor Run on Saturday 30th July at Leeds City Docks.
Running for over 40 years, The Westfield Health British Transplant Games are a celebration of life. Over the course of 4 days our athletes will compete with other transplantees from across the UK. The event brings together over 1000 athletes and attracts many spectators. It's the first Transplant Games since the pandemic started and it's guaranteed to be amazing!
Celebrating the lives of those who have donated organs, the Donor Run is a fun run/walk where people are asked to complete a 3k or 5k route - and everybody is welcome!
Tasks will include:
- Supporting the event by engaging with the general public
- Cheering and marshalling the participants as they make their way around the course
- Giving out medals to the particiants at the finish line
- Supporting with the set up and pack fdown of our Event Village
- Speaking to members of the public about the work of Leeds Hospitals Charity
- Being the friendly face of Leeds Hospitals Charity!